Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Abang Burn Burger Bakar In Sunway?


Well finally ABBB has expand their colonization to Bandar Sunway.. Which of course where your's truly is.. So, here's my feedback on this particular well known Malaysian Local Burger Vendor.. hmm where to begin?

Conversation Skills (1/10)
First of all, let's start with Conversation Skills. This is because the first thing we'd do is to ORDER. Which of course meant, workers will have to converse with us the customer in determining stuff. Yes? Moving on, here's a little extra information to ABBB's pioneer, SUNWAY, is an integrated city. One of the prominent area where FOREIGN students out-numbered the LOCAL students. Which meant, they DON'T speak BAHASA! I came to ABBB's Sunway branch on 10/11/12 approximately 7pm with my friend. She's an International Student. Even thought she MAY look INDIAN, the workers seriously CANNOT assume! What your worker did was she insisted on conversing in BAHASA! Even after I insisted on conversing in ENGLISH. Yes! As a Malaysian, I know it is my duty to be proud of my country's national language and should be using it as a medium of conversation to a fellow Malaysian. However, it really wouldn't hurt to INSIST on ABBB's workers to equip themselves with the ability of conversing in ENGLISH. Also, when my friend wanted to ask for a FORK, the workers were either PRETENDING to NOT hear what she ask for OR PRETENDING to NOT understand English or, they truly DO NOT understand ENGLISH. This has caused my friend to complain to me "THEY DO NOT FREAKING UNDERSTAND ENGLISH! HOW THE HECK DO I CONVERSE WITH THEM?!" Well, let's just say, she was not a happy customer. Thus that's the explanation for such low grading for conversation skills

Not a Happy Customer...

Speed (8/10)
Speed got such high score is because I didn't have to wait that long to get my burger in front of my face.

Speed was good but didn't get full score because... BTW 13  was my lucky number...

Environment (4/10)
Okay, this is a bit tricky. First of all, I do understand that ROCK CAFE is an open air place. Which makes smoking with in the premises is LEGAL. But in this particular context, since I was seating near the vendor's serving/meal preparing area, ABBB's workers who were NOT exactly on serving duty was just sitting around and were emitting more smoke than the British's chimney during the Industrial Revolution. NOT A GOOD IMPRESSION to make.

Menu & Pricing (5.5/10)
Well the menu was good and that's where most of the score are derived from and considering that the burger patty was homemade, the price "seems reasonable". Understand that the double quotation symbols NEVER meant anything positive. Please keep on reading to understand WHY I think the menu's proximity of describing the burger was the larger contributor for the scoring rather than the price being "reasonable" enough.

Burger (5.5/10)
I ordered the Cheesy Beef Suprimo. Cost me RM12.50. This particular burger's description was cheese slice and cheese sauce. Also since it's called SUPRIMO, it was meant to have ONION RINGS! Tell me where is the ONION RINGS in this picture?

I DO NOT SEE ANY ONION RINGS.. =.='''

Yeah I thought so too.. There ain't one. Before I go any further, let me tell you a secret... I have been observing this burger stand for quite some time since I discovered that ABBB had opened in Sunway. What I saw was, these beef patty was PRE-COOKED. Which meant it was on the grill in bulks. So when order's up they will only re-heat it on the grill then put it in the microwave oven to have the cheese melted then it's ready for serving. The repercussion for this particular culinary crime? Instead of having the burger being JUICY on the inside, it is as DRY as a saw dust! Thank god for those mayonnaise and chilies sauce, who made the burger less insufferable. Honestly, for such a reputable burger vendor, the experience was rather disappointing.

The Patty in particular, put DRYNESS aside, was okay I guess. It was well seasoned and I do appreciate the amount of black pepper in the patty. Also, nice touch on that deep fried oyster mushroom. For that, the burger gets a-good-enough-score at 5.5

So... overall score for Sunway's ABBB's branch? 2.4 out of 5.

Heed this ABBB's pioneer, I am just one person but my blog are viewed everyday on an average of 100 views. There are room to improve on everything that I have commented on. I hope these improvements are to be made visible within the next few weeks.


Regards,
Farcella. M

No comments:

Post a Comment